Unanswered: SQL Enterprise... rollback

I tried adding columns to a table on a database manually. Unfortunately the database doesnt have a lot of free space, and on saving the columns, it was slowly running out of space. I made the decision to end the (sql enterprise) task via task manager. I am now unable to get into enterprise... I am assuming it is trying to rollback?<>?. can anyone tell me what happens next. will the database still be intact..

thanks

If you'd taken backup before that change then restore it.
    Otherwise connect to the server using query analyzer and use ALTER TABLE .... DROP COLUMN to drop those columns.

Refer to books online for syntax and information on above statements.
    --Satya SKJ
    Microsoft SQL Server MVP
    [IMG]http://sqlserver-qa.net/google_bart.gif[/IMG]

Provided Answers: 54

Re: SQL Enterprise... rollback

Originally posted by bunmiA
    I tried adding columns to a table on a database manually. Unfortunately the database doesnt have a lot of free space, and on saving the columns, it was slowly running out of space. I made the decision to end the (sql enterprise) task via task manager. I am now unable to get into enterprise... I am assuming it is trying to rollback?<>?. can anyone tell me what happens next. will the database still be intact..

thanks
    Most of the time (probably 998 cases out of a thousand), the recovery process will take quite a while, but it should finish nicely and leave your database in the same state it was in just before you entered the offending command(s).

-PatP