Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Changinf

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    104

    Unanswered: Changinf

    How can I change the file's icon in my Access .mdb file (not in whole Access application but only in .mdb file that I have created)
    Thanks
    Last edited by NonLinear; 04-21-04 at 11:31.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    16

    Re: Changinf

    Set the database property currentdb.Properties ("AppIcon") in the startup code for your mdb file to point at the .ico file.

    Originally posted by NonLinear
    How can I change the file's icon in my Access .mdb file (not in whole Access application but only in .mdb file that I have created)
    Thanks

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Posts
    107

    Re: Changinf

    Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you are trying to do here but I usually set it by going to Tools, Startup, and then set the Application icon in there? This will not affect other Access databases.

    Originally posted by sean_fackrell
    Set the database property currentdb.Properties ("AppIcon") in the startup code for your mdb file to point at the .ico file.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    104
    Ok I am going to be more clear. I know all these that you was mentioned but I want to change the .mdb file icon that I click (twice) to start my application. I hope I am comprehensible this time.
    Thanks

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    16
    Create a shortcut to the mdb file. Right click on the shortcut icon, go to shortcut tab and then click change icon to browse to a different ico file

    Originally posted by NonLinear
    Ok I am going to be more clear. I know all these that you was mentioned but I want to change the .mdb file icon that I click (twice) to start my application. I hope I am comprehensible this time.
    Thanks

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    104
    Thanks my friend

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,424
    Provided Answers: 8
    # 7

    if you name a BMP file the same name as the mdb file and put that into same folder
    when you load the Mdb the bmp file is the splash screen
    Last edited by myle; 04-27-04 at 04:07. Reason: spelling not my best point
    hope this help

    See clear as mud


    StePhan McKillen
    the aim is store once, not store multiple times
    Remember... Optimize 'til you die!
    Progaming environment:
    Access based on my own environment: DAO3.6/A97/A2000/A2003/A2007/A2010
    VB based on my own environment: vb6 sp5
    ASP based on my own environment: 5.6
    VB-NET based on my own environment started 2007
    SQL-2005 based on my own environment started 2008
    MYLE
    YOUR PASSWORD IS JUST LIKE YOUR TOOTHBRUSH DON'T SHARE IT.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •