Unanswered: multi-select list boxes

I have a list box created with the multi select property set at simple. If I select 3 items, I can't get it to capture more than one of the selected items. It is only capturing the first of the 3 that is selected. What do I need to do to get it to caputure the rest. I have a total of 12 items in the list and I have no Visual Basic Programming background.

Without knowing VB I am not sure how to explain it. Maybe if you give more details about what you are trying to do someone can write some code for you. Include the name of the listbox and what you want to do with the 3 selections. (Print a report, save in a table, etc.)

Thumbs up Re: multi-select list boxes

Use the properties of the List Box control and set the Multi Select property to Extended. Now you can use the Ctrl or the Shift to pick records from the list.

list box

Originally posted by DCKunkle
    Without knowing VB I am not sure how to explain it. Maybe if you give more details about what you are trying to do someone can write some code for you. Include the name of the listbox and what you want to do with the 3 selections. (Print a report, save in a table, etc.)
    I have am trying to get them to select any of the following or more than one if necessary to the question and the choices end up in the table. When I test the form, I can choose as many of the fields as I want but nothing goes back into the table. The question is as follows:
    How did you find out about our company?
    The choices are:
    Friend, Family, Advertisement, Bus Tour, Local Resident, Been Here Before, Walk-In, Drive By, Nascar, Harness, Vacation, Other

The choices are to go back to a field in the main table called SurveyTable1. The field name is the title of the question.

Re: list box

OK

I'm using this code to a project. Try it using your controls. The things you cannot read are in greek. It is Only a message in greek, don't use it

Private Sub cmdPinakas_Click()
    Dim rsttblPinakas As New ADODB.Recordset
    Dim intCurrEmployee As Integer
    Dim varEmployee As Variant
    Dim strChoose As String

strChoose = MsgBox("Να διαγράψω την προηγούμενη λίστα;" & Chr(13) _
    & "Επιλέξτε Νο για να προσθέσετε υπάλληλο στη λίστα.", vbYesNo + vbQuestion, "Ερώτηση")

If strChoose = vbYes Then

'-- Delete the previous choices from the table
    CurrentDb.Execute "Delete * From tblPinakas"

'-- Open the tblPinakas table
    rsttblPinakas.Open "tblPinakas", _
    CurrentProject.Connection, adOpenKeyset, _
    adLockOptimistic, adCmdTable

'-- For each of the items in the ItemsSelected collection
    '-- Add a new record in the TablesChosen table.

For Each varEmployee In Me!lboEmployeeToChoose.ItemsSelected

rsttblPinakas.AddNew

rsttblPinakas.Fields("FirstName") = Me.lboEmployeeToChoose.Column(0, varEmployee)
    rsttblPinakas.Fields("LastName") = Me.lboEmployeeToChoose.Column(1, varEmployee)
    rsttblPinakas.Fields("Sector") = Me.lboEmployeeToChoose.Column(2, varEmployee)
    rsttblPinakas.Fields("DateHire") = Me.lboEmployeeToChoose.Column(3, varEmployee)
    rsttblPinakas.Fields("Father") = Me.lboEmployeeToChoose.Column(4, varEmployee)
    rsttblPinakas.Fields("Mother") = Me.lboEmployeeToChoose.Column(5, varEmployee)
    rsttblPinakas.Fields("Age") = Me.lboEmployeeToChoose.Column(6, varEmployee)
    rsttblPinakas.Fields("Children") = Me.lboEmployeeToChoose.Column(7, varEmployee)
    rsttblPinakas.Fields("KPOAED") = Me.lboEmployeeToChoose.Column(8, varEmployee)
    rsttblPinakas.Fields("IKA") = Me.lboEmployeeToChoose.Column(9, varEmployee)
    rsttblPinakas.Fields("DatesOfWork") = Me.lboEmployeeToChoose.Column(10, varEmployee)
    rsttblPinakas.Fields("Money") = Me.lboEmployeeToChoose.Column(11, varEmployee)
    rsttblPinakas.Fields("MarriedID") = Me.lboEmployeeToChoose.Column(12, varEmployee)
    rsttblPinakas.Fields("Print") = Me.lboEmployeeToChoose.Column(13, varEmployee)

'Me!lboEmployeeToChoose.ItemData(varEmployee)

rsttblPinakas.Update

Next varEmployee

rsttblPinakas.Close

DoCmd.OpenReport "rptPinakas", acViewPreview

Else
    '-- Open the tblChosen table
    rsttblPinakas.Open "tblPinakas", _
    CurrentProject.Connection, adOpenKeyset, _
    adLockOptimistic, adCmdTable

'-- For each of the items in the ItemsSelected collection
    '-- Add a new record in the TablesChosen table.

For Each varEmployee In Me!lboEmployeeToChoose.ItemsSelected

rsttblPinakas.AddNew

rsttblPinakas.Fields("FirstName") = Me.lboEmployeeToChoose.Column(0, varEmployee)
    rsttblPinakas.Fields("LastName") = Me.lboEmployeeToChoose.Column(1, varEmployee)
    rsttblPinakas.Fields("Sector") = Me.lboEmployeeToChoose.Column(2, varEmployee)
    rsttblPinakas.Fields("DateHire") = Me.lboEmployeeToChoose.Column(3, varEmployee)
    rsttblPinakas.Fields("Father") = Me.lboEmployeeToChoose.Column(4, varEmployee)
    rsttblPinakas.Fields("Mother") = Me.lboEmployeeToChoose.Column(5, varEmployee)
    rsttblPinakas.Fields("Age") = Me.lboEmployeeToChoose.Column(6, varEmployee)
    rsttblPinakas.Fields("Children") = Me.lboEmployeeToChoose.Column(7, varEmployee)
    rsttblPinakas.Fields("KPOAED") = Me.lboEmployeeToChoose.Column(8, varEmployee)
    rsttblPinakas.Fields("IKA") = Me.lboEmployeeToChoose.Column(9, varEmployee)
    rsttblPinakas.Fields("DatesOfWork") = Me.lboEmployeeToChoose.Column(10, varEmployee)
    rsttblPinakas.Fields("Money") = Me.lboEmployeeToChoose.Column(11, varEmployee)
    rsttblPinakas.Fields("MarriedID") = Me.lboEmployeeToChoose.Column(12, varEmployee)
    rsttblPinakas.Fields("Print") = Me.lboEmployeeToChoose.Column(13, varEmployee)

'Me!lboEmployeeToChoose.ItemData(varEmployee)

rsttblPinakas.Update

Next varEmployee

rsttblPinakas.Close

DoCmd.OpenReport "rptPinakas", acViewPreview
    End If

DoCmd.OpenReport "rptSimvasi4h", acViewPreview
    If Reports!rptSimvasi4h.Report.HasData = 0 Then
    DoCmd.Close
    End If

End Sub