Unanswered: Database within a database?

Hello, still a newbie, still learning...

I have a suppliers database that stores supplier information. I need to build another database very different from this one, a calibration database and an inventory database. My question is, should I build them within the same database for the users, or should it be best to build them seperatly? And if I build them seperatly , is it possible to build a switchboard to link split databases?

You can open another database from the switchboard by running code the uses the Shell command. Look it up in the help if you have never used it.

1.) Write code to first open the other database (use Shell commans)

2.) Write code to then close the current form and database
    something like:
    DoCmd.CLOSE acForm,
    Application.Quit acQuitSaveNone

Once the current db closes the one you opended using the Shell command will be left.

This is the method i used when users switch between different forntend s on the same database, which is essential the same as swithcing betwen two databases.

Nashville, TN
    Are you refering to your tables as databases? Because if you are you may want to read more up on what a database is in relation to a table.

I have a company database that I am building. It tracks many different things. Some parts dont even have to do with each other really except for it all is in the same company. If you need help just let me know I will see if I can help you further.

No question is a stupid question.

Have you ever thought about thinking on purpose?

Jarvis Stubblefield
    Patriot Designs
    Web/Database Development and Consulting by Patriot Designs