Unanswered: Dlookup across multiple tables

I need to be able to use DLookup to look for data in two separate tables.

Code for DLookup utilizing just one table (this works):

30day: DLookUp([tbl_Ticker_Sheet01].[ticker],"[tbl_030day_Sheet01-a]","numb=" & [Forms]![frm_HistData1]![txt_MaxNumb])

What I thought would work for two tables:
    30day: IIF(IsNull(DLookUp([tbl_Ticker_Sheet01].[ticker],"[tbl_030day_Sheet01-a]","numb=" & [Forms]![frm_HistData1]![txt_MaxNumb])), DLookUp([tbl_Ticker_Sheet01].[ticker],"[tbl_030day_Sheet01-b]","numb=" & [Forms]![frm_HistData1]![txt_MaxNumb]), DLookUp([tbl_Ticker_Sheet01].[ticker],"[tbl_030day_Sheet01-a]","numb=" & [Forms]![frm_HistData1]![txt_MaxNumb]))

**the data in [tbl_030day_Sheet01-a] table is returned but a #Error is returned for all data in the [tbl_030day_Sheet01-b] table

I cant even get the following to work

30day: IIf(IsNull(DLookUp([tbl_Ticker_Sheet01].[ticker],"[tbl_030day_Sheet01-a]","numb=" & [Forms]![frm_HistData1]![txt_MaxNumb])),True,False)

**A 0 is returned if the data in the [tbl_030day_Sheet01-a] table, however #Error appears if its not in that table

Perhaps you should open recordsets with SQL statements instead. Dlookup is not an efficient way to move much data.
    KC

Question

Originally posted by AZ KC
    Perhaps you should open recordsets with SQL statements instead. Dlookup is not an efficient way to move much data.
    ---Can you give me some pointers on where to get started in SQL?