Unanswered: Sr DBA - DB2 UDB EEE (AIX) Guru! $50-70 an hr (DOE)
I have an immediate need for a DB2 UDB EEE (AIX) DBA for an entertainment company in the North San Fernando Valley (Los Angeles, CA). Might you know someone? Going to pay $50-70 an hour to start (DOE).
DB2 EEE Guru is the operative phrase here!
This position manages and maintains production and non-production IBM Universal Database EEE relational databases, mostly used for data warehousing. The Database Administrator is responsible for database operations, administration, security administration, object administration, space management, optimization, backup, and server installation. This position performs database installation and configuration, schedules and performs upgrades and backup and recovery. The Database Administrator monitors database servers for resource utilization, and forecasts future resource requirements. This position is responsible for database-related production issues including consistency checking, index validation, and data load/unload job failures. The Database Administrator supports the production and development application teams, and develops and promotes standards and procedures as needed.
· Support production activities including on-call responsibilities
· Perform backup and recovery
· Perform database consistency checking
· Load and unload data using SQL and third party utilities (BMC, Optiload, Autoloader)
· Manage database elements including schemas, databases, tablespaces, tables, views, indexes, stored procedures, triggers and declarative integrity constraints
· Perform database installation and configuring of parameters including transaction logging, shared memory, and number of server processes
· Participate in database design process as required
· Install and test new releases
· Schedule and perform upgrades to database
· Set up access privileges to databases, and create user security profiles
· Monitor database servers for resource utilization
· Provide trend analysis for forecasting future resource requirements
· Create and map data elements into logical storage units including size and physical location
· Monitor and optimize the use of disk space
· Develop and maintain a comprehensive library of all supporting documentation
· Initiate corrective action to ensure all database servers meet processing requirements for performance and reliability
· Provide recommendations on hardware and software upgrade alternatives
· Develop and promote standards and procedures as needed
· Conduct software audits of database products for compliance with established standards, policies, configuration guidelines and procedures
· 7 years experience as Database Administrator
· 5 years experience in data warehousing
· 5 years experience as a production DBA
· 3 years experience with DB2 UDB EEE (Guru!)
· Application development experience
· Experience as DBA on multiple platforms
· Experience with SQLServer
· Undergraduate degree in Information Systems
· Graduate degree in IT preferred
Please call me at your next available convenience.
Also, please send me an email-able copy of your resume with references (2 supervisors and 3 peers) and tell me...
Your current salary and salary expectations...
Your geographical location and driving/travel parameters...
Your current certifications, advanced training/skills/equipment used...
Your US work status...
Gaston A. Hinostroza
Director of Professional Staffing & Project Management Services