Unanswered: Own minded fields

I got 'FieldC' on a form that under 'Control Source' is bound to this formula expression =[FieldA]+[FieldB]

FieldA and FieldB default values are set to =Zero on the table, and the form is set to fetch the default values as soon as you open it.

When I open the form, FieldC shows blank, even though a Zero is shown in FieldA/B, and FieldC default value on the form is set to Zero. Unless I type something FieldC will remain blank. I want it to always show something like some of the other fileds that are bound to a formula.

Any ideas, thank you!

Re: Own minded fields

Originally posted by brduran
    I got 'FieldC' on a form that under 'Control Source' is bound to this formula expression =[FieldA]+[FieldB]

FieldA and FieldB default values are set to =Zero on the table, and the form is set to fetch the default values as soon as you open it.

When I open the form, FieldC shows blank, even though a Zero is shown in FieldA/B, and FieldC default value on the form is set to Zero. Unless I type something FieldC will remain blank. I want it to always show something like some of the other fileds that are bound to a formula.

Any ideas, thank you!
    You could do this:

=nz([FieldA]+[FieldB], "0")

nz checks for null values.

HTH

Any ideas, thank you!
    What do you mean by fetch? Are the controls A and B bound to a table or are you populating them in code?

If you are do it in code sometimes you need to issue a me.requery after you load the form.
    KC

Originally posted by AZ KC
    What do you mean by fetch? Are the controls A and B bound to a table or are you populating them in code?
    They're bound to a table.

They're bound to a table.
    I could not recreate the issue in a bound form. However the NZ function most likely will work.
    KC

Originally posted by cpgospi
    You could do this:

=nz([FieldA]+[FieldB], "0")

nz checks for null values.

HTH
    Added your suggestion in Default Value, and nothing.

Talking

The name of the field, supposed to be FieldA, got FieldAS. I guess the S got squized in since is next to A, and is making me look like a FieldASS.

Thank you!