Hi Guys..

I need some help please. I've got 3 data sources setup inside wsad 5.1. Two of the datasources are non cmp connections that point to a database. These two datasources are used by quartz for persistent job scheduling. The third datasource is used for cmp. The entity ejb's uses this datasource.

The problem is when I start my application server, everything works fine, UNTIL quartz get's waken up to use on the datasource specified. I get the exception listed at the end.

I would really appreciate help. I thought initially that the patch to 8.1.5 would solve the problem, but it did not. I've upped the connection pooling sizes, but still...nothing...Has anyone ever received such an error, and if you did, how did you solve it?

Thanx in advance for your help, and greetings from South Africa.

Stack Trace:

[4/22/04 10:37:43:190 EDT] 11d93cfd StaleConnecti A CONM7007I: Mapping the following SQLException, with ErrorCode -1,224 and SQLState 40003, to a StaleConnectionException: COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2Exception: [IBM][CLI Driver] SQL1224N A database agent could not be started to service a request, or was terminated as a result of a database system shutdown or a force command. SQLSTATE=55032

at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.SQLExceptionGenerator.throw_S QLException(SQLExceptionGenerator.java:273)
at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.SQLExceptionGenerator.throw_S QLException(SQLExceptionGenerator.java:215)
at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.SQLExceptionGenerator.check_r eturn_code(SQLExceptionGenerator.java:440)
at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2PreparedStatement.execute2 (DB2PreparedStatement.java:2199)
at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2PreparedStatement.executeQ uery(DB2PreparedStatement.java:1694)
at com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.jdbc.WSJdbcPreparedStatement. executeQuery(WSJdbcPreparedStatement.java:510)
at org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.StdRowLockSemaphore.o btainLock(StdRowLockSemaphore.java:137)
at org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.JobStoreCMT.acquireNe xtTrigger(JobStoreCMT.java:1376)
at org.quartz.core.QuartzSchedulerThread.run(QuartzSc hedulerThread.java:231)

[4/22/04 10:37:43:254 EDT] 11d93cfd WSRdbManagedC W DSRA8710W: Error returning PreparedStatement to the cache; closing it instead.
[4/22/04 10:37:43:337 EDT] 11d93cfd WSJdbcPrepare W DSRA8710W: Error returning PreparedStatement to the cache; closing it instead.
[4/22/04 10:37:43:361 EDT] 11d93cfd WSJdbcConnect W DSRA8650W: Error closing a JDBC child wrapper, com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.jdbc.WSJdbcPreparedStatement@ 2de73cf7
COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2Exception: [IBM][CLI Driver] CLI0108E Communication link failure. SQLSTATE=40003
at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.SQLExceptionGenerator.throw_S QLException(SQLExceptionGenerator.java:273)
at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.SQLExceptionGenerator.throw_S QLException(SQLExceptionGenerator.java:215)
at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.SQLExceptionGenerator.check_r eturn_code(SQLExceptionGenerator.java:440)
at COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Statement.setMaxFieldSize( DB2Statement.java:1474)
at com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.spi.WSRdbManagedConnectionImp l.cacheStatement(WSRdbManagedConnectionImpl.java:1 478)
at com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.jdbc.WSJdbcPreparedStatement. closeWrapper(WSJdbcPreparedStatement.java:334)
at com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.jdbc.WSJdbcObject.close(WSJdb cObject.java:127)
at com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.jdbc.WSJdbcObject.closeChildW rappers(WSJdbcObject.java:163)
at com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.jdbc.WSJdbcObject.close(WSJdb cObject.java:126)
at com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.spi.WSRdbManagedConnectionImp l.closeHandles(WSRdbManagedConnectionImpl.java:224 5)
at com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.spi.WSRdbManagedConnectionImp l.processConnectionErrorOccurredEvent(WSRdbManaged ConnectionImpl.java:1208)
at com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.jdbc.WSJdbcConnection.fireCon nectionErrorEvent(WSJdbcConnection.java:877)
at com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.jdbc.WSJdbcUtil.mapException( WSJdbcUtil.java:676)
at com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.jdbc.WSJdbcPreparedStatement. executeQuery(WSJdbcPreparedStatement.java:522)
at org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.StdRowLockSemaphore.o btainLock(StdRowLockSemaphore.java:137)
at org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.JobStoreCMT.acquireNe xtTrigger(JobStoreCMT.java:1376)

[4/22/04 10:37:43:380 EDT] 11d93cfd ConnectionEve A J2CA0056I: The Connection Manager received a fatal connection error from the Resource Adaptor for resource jdbc/quartzn. The exception which was received is com.ibm.websphere.ce.cm.StaleConnectionException: [IBM][CLI Driver] SQL1224N A database agent could not be started to service a request, or was terminated as a result of a database system shutdown or a force command. SQLSTATE=55032

[4/22/04 10:37:43:383 EDT] 11d93cfd ErrorLogger E org.quartz.core.ErrorLogger An error occured while scanning for the next trigger to fire.
[4/22/04 10:37:43:391 EDT] 11d93cfd ErrorLogger E org.quartz.core.ErrorLogger TRAS0014I: The following exception was logged org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.LockException: Failure obtaining db row lock: [IBM][CLI Driver] SQL1224N A database agent could not be started to service a request, or was terminated as a result of a database system shutdown or a force command. SQLSTATE=55032
[See nested exception: com.ibm.websphere.ce.cm.StaleConnectionException: [IBM][CLI Driver] SQL1224N A database agent could not be started to service a request, or was terminated as a result of a database system shutdown or a force command. SQLSTATE=55032
]
at org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.StdRowLockSemaphore.o btainLock(StdRowLockSemaphore.java:154)
* Nested Exception (Underlying Cause) ---------------
com.ibm.websphere.ce.cm.StaleConnectionException: [IBM][CLI Driver] SQL1224N A database agent could not be started to service a request, or was terminated as a result of a database system shutdown or a force command. SQLSTATE=55032

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Native Method)
at com.ibm.websphere.rsadapter.GenericDataStoreHelper .mapExceptionHelper(GenericDataStoreHelper.java:40 4)
at com.ibm.websphere.rsadapter.GenericDataStoreHelper .mapException(GenericDataStoreHelper.java:441)
at com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.jdbc.WSJdbcUtil.mapException( WSJdbcUtil.java:654)
at com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.jdbc.WSJdbcPreparedStatement. executeQuery(WSJdbcPreparedStatement.java:522)
org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.LockException: Failure obtaining db row lock: [IBM][CLI Driver] SQL1224N A database agent could not be started to service a request, or was terminated as a result of a database system shutdown or a force command. SQLSTATE=55032
[See nested exception: com.ibm.websphere.ce.cm.StaleConnectionException: [IBM][CLI Driver] SQL1224N A database agent could not be started to service a request, or was terminated as a result of a database system shutdown or a force command. SQLSTATE=55032
]
at org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.StdRowLockSemaphore.o btainLock(StdRowLockSemaphore.java:154)
* Nested Exception (Underlying Cause) ---------------
com.ibm.websphere.ce.cm.StaleConnectionException: [IBM][CLI Driver] SQL1224N A database agent could not be started to service a request, or was terminated as a result of a database system shutdown or a force command. SQLSTATE=55032

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Native Method)
at com.ibm.websphere.rsadapter.GenericDataStoreHelper .mapExceptionHelper(GenericDataStoreHelper.java:40 4)
at com.ibm.websphere.rsadapter.GenericDataStoreHelper .mapException(GenericDataStoreHelper.java:441)
at com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.jdbc.WSJdbcUtil.mapException( WSJdbcUtil.java:654)