Red face Unanswered: progress jdbc no suitable driver error

I am attempting to connect to a server running a progress database using jdbc. i receive the error of no suitable driver. I am trying to connect to the database using a windows machine. I have copied the progress.jar and jdbc.jar files to the windows machine and set the classpath. the error occurs at the point of the driver manager attempting to create a connection.
    any suggestion will be appreciated
    please help

All the progress people hang out at PEG.COM, you might want to try asking your question in the PEG servers forum, mailto:servers@peg.com

http://www.peg.com

Hi,
    You should install JDBC driver. Copying *.jar files you mentioned is not all you need to estabilish connection. Installation ustility places some DLL files and completes other necessary actions. Then you can set your environment.
    Regards
    Bogdan Brzozowski

I know this may seem like a dumb question, but could someome give me a very breif description of what an Essbase Cube is used for..

any description would be great

If you are looking for the I have never used OLAP before, here it is. Cubes are specialized databases where the data is stored in a fromat convenient for reporting. This allows extremely fast responses to drill down and roll up request. If you have ever used Pivot tables in Excel the concept is the same Essbase is just another vendors take on it.

Hope this helps,

John

Thanks that helped a lot.