Unanswered: 9i Enterprise Manager Console

Hi all

Does anyone know how to delete the reference to the archive log file from the enterprise manager?

I'm running a db in archive log mode and its creating duplexed archive logs, our backup is being taken using snapshots taken by our nas filer - however although I can physically delete the archive log files from the server, enterprise manager still has a reference to them (in the archive log folder of storage).

I've tried just deleting the row - but it won't let me (if I highlight the files to delete press the delete button - it asks me if I want to remove these files, but when I select yes the file names are still there).

I've also had a look at the enterprise manager manual - whenever it talks about clearing down the archive logs, its as part of the rman backup process (which we aren't using).

Its not causing a major problem as I can physically delete the archive logs, its just a tad annoying to look at the folder and find a list of files which no longer exist.

Many thanks in advance for assitance in this matter.

Kind regards

Keith

ps I'm running the console in stand alone mode.
    Last edited by kfitzsimmons; 04-22-04 at 06:44.

Drops the group

Alter Database DROP LOFILE GROUP <n>

Drops a memeber of a group

Alter Database DROP LOGFILE MEMBER'<path here>'

Hi David

Thanks for the reply, I don't want to drop the group - I just want to delete the archived log files (ie when they are over a two weeks old or so).

Regards

Keith

You can do this with RMAN never tried it but here is the link, let me know how you get on:

http://www.dbaclick.com/modules.php?...rticle&sid=139