Exclamation New to this forum

Hi every admins, every moderators, junior members, senior members,.. i am new to this dbforum and want to contribute to this forum in order to share my little knowledge and also harvest your knowledge as well.

First into about me:
    I am a forum administrator in our little school website. which is www.spmyanmar.com

But there are spammers in our forum, and their knowledge is bigger than me about forums and internet rules and regulations. So I need help from all of you to guide me (reply this message or point me to the another forum, which i can get effective help on forum administratrion) to control my little forum.

Hope to hear from you all.
    Think you.
    MachineBoy

Exactly what sort of problems are you having??

Originally posted by rokslide
    Exactly what sort of problems are you having??
    Sorry for my late reply.
    The users in my forum, keep posting nonscence.
    Not discuessing the topic properly and always changing subjects.
    And they take the forum as their chat room.
    And in my point of view, all they value is the post count, popularity and rank.

Previously, i keep deleting the unnecessary posts, give warnings, but they consider it was rude and they keep playing with the rules, like making admin confuse to determine whether the post is spam or not.

These are the problems that i am facing currently.

Do you have a chat forum like this?? So that people can post whatever they like in there?? If so just move any nonsense posts into that forum.

If they are acusing you of being rude by maintaining the forums type them that they are being just as rude by posting things off topic.

The only other thing you can do is actually ban them for a period of time so they take things a bit more seriously...

Thank you for your advise.

I already have that kind of forum, with the name 'Whatever'
    They still seems to spread all of their messages to all of the forums.

The most important problem is they are not using the forum usefully.
    I like the idea to ban the user for the time being.
    But I have to set the rules like what kind of actions will cause the user to be banned. Speking of which, i am kinda new to the forum administration, so these rules of behaviours are kinda strange and new topics to me.
    Please advice.

You can't force then to use the forums usefully, but you can stop them from messing things up...

You need to decide the rules for yourself....

For example, moving off topic will get your thread moved to the appropiate forum. 3 off topic posts and you get a warning. 1 more and you get banned... something like that would be perfectly valid IMO.

You can also write other rules for abuse of moderator/admins and other users... and rules regarding the language that can be used....

These informations are really helpful to me, regarding with the forum administration. If you have any online resources regarding with this topic, please share with me (I am abit greedy). And another factor I want to get more info about is, the forum features. I have the intention to make the features of the forum, more up-to-date (I am using phpbb 2.0.8). And I want to promote and attract the users to the forum as well.
    Well these topics seems like I am too greedy, so I wish to learn from the other resources, rather than bothering people around here with unrelated subjects.

Thank you, rokslide.

Happy to help out,... have a look a the forums on www.overclockers.com.au I think you will need to register but it is well worth a look.

They have a nice set of terms and conditions that you might want the use as a starting point for your own....

Thank you rokslide.
    That really helps alot to me.
    The forum is even invisible to guests as well, they have to login to even read the forum. That makes the users value the information and the posts inside.

Thanks again...