Question Unanswered: Can I use a recordset to set RecordSource value?

I have 5 Identical databases, but for 5 different projects.

I'm trying to write a reporting utility that allows you to report on all of them. But instaid of having 5 x 3 Reports I just want a little filter that lets you choose which database your going to be using.

I know how to do this using code, just sticking SQL directly into RecordSource of a report.

But I want to be able to have visual queries for the user.

I know thers a way i can make a little table with project ID and corresponding query in it, but i have no idea how to use that and link it to the RecordSource.

Do I need to use recordset?

Say I have Databases A,B,C and G(for general). I want to make the queries, all 15 of them... And have a table with 15 records....

Edit: I said 5 databases because the 5th is early works, just basically a union between all of them...

Is there a way to just change the RecordSource using that table?
    Last edited by YevSnow; 04-22-04 at 10:07.

Re: Can I use a recordset to set RecordSource value?

Originally posted by YevSnow
    I have 5 Identical databases, but for 5 different projects.

I'm trying to write a reporting utility that allows you to report on all of them. But instaid of having 5 x 3 Reports I just want a little filter that lets you choose which database your going to be using.

I know how to do this using code, just sticking SQL directly into RecordSource of a report.

But I want to be able to have visual queries for the user.

I know thers a way ...
    Why not have 5 similar tables (w/ same structure) different names and a form that handles the visual queries using grouped check boxes? In your after update sections for your txtboxes & grouped chk boxes you go to a common sub where you modify the record source and/or filter to modify the SQL in VB behind the scenes.
    HTH

I use one report for multiple queries every chance I get. Saves making the same changes many times.
    You could try something like this.
    Code:
    Private Sub Report_Open(Cancel As Integer)
       If Forms![Print Reports]![Report to Print] = 4 Then
          Me![txtHeader].Caption = "NEW HEADER"
          Me.RecordSource = "NEW QUERY NAME”
          End If
    Exit Sub
    End Sub