Question Unanswered: Scheduled DTS not running

I created a DTS Local Package that should run on a specified time (ex. 9:00 AM) using EnterPrise Manager on my PC.

It is basically copying a file from our AS400 to the SQL server. It works fine if you execute it but the scheduler does not run at the specified time.

Am I missing anything here?

TIF

Re: Scheduled DTS not running

Originally posted by ARPRINCE
    I created a DTS Local Package that should run on a specified time (ex. 9:00 AM) using EnterPrise Manager on my PC.

It is basically copying a file from our AS400 to the SQL server. It works fine if you execute it but the scheduler does not run at the specified time.

Am I missing anything here?

TIF

chk if SQL Agent is started

Yup. The Agent is running. When I checked the jobs, I see an "X" on the DTS job I created and says that it failed. However, I can't see a log that gives me the exact reason why it failed.

Check your Agent service account has permission on AS 400 server!

When I configured my DTS, I entered the AS400 user credentials so I figured this is enough since when I execute my DTS, in works just fine. It's only when I use the schedule that it doesn't work.

How do you check anagent service account permission on a AS400? Sorry, I'm relatively new using this DTS thing.

Thanks

can you just check sql agent error, see what it says!!
    Agent right-click--Display error log.

Don't forget that when you interactivly run a DTS package, it runs under your credentials. When SQLAgent runs it, it runs with the permissions given to SQLAgent. Maybe you have permissions to access the AS400 but SQLAgent does not??

Originally posted by tomh53
    Don't forget that when you interactivly run a DTS package, it runs under your credentials. When SQLAgent runs it, it runs with the permissions given to SQLAgent. Maybe you have permissions to access the AS400 but SQLAgent does not??
    I see the error log but it does not show my any logs for yesterday and today. As a matter of fact, the last log date is 2/15/2004.

Probably Agent configured to clear all jobhistory logs..
    In anycase as tom said, look into SQLAgent service account has permission to connect AS400. When you run it manually it takes your credentials..when it runs under SqlAgent it looks for SqlAgent service account.

Thanks for the TIPs. I will look into it more thoroughly.