Unanswered: MS Access and MySQL

Im about to put the final touches on my access project - which means migrating it to work with mysql on a linux server.
    Now Ive heard that mysql has some problems with ADO, is this a fact? I deliberatly used only ADO and abandoned DAO for the migration to work.
    And - as I forsee this is gonna be hell to go through, does anyone have any tips for me (about the migration)?

dd+

Provided Answers: 54
    If your MS-Access code is Jet data engine specific, you are looking at more or less a re-write from the ground up. If your code is ODBC/ADO compliant, you need to change your datasource and go merrily on your way.

-PatP

Arrow MS Access and MySQL

Hmm, I dont know if my DB is jet-dependant. Everything I coded on my own is in ADO, but I didnt set anything special for what Access does automaticly. Is this considered to be ADO compliant?

Provided Answers: 54
    If you are aware of ADO, and have coded in it, then the odds are fair that you aren't too engine specific. The Jet database engine requires some "interesting" things in code that send more mainstream SQL implementations howling into the trees when you try to run the resulting application against them.

I'd suggest that you just jump in and try it. You know your app better than anyone, take it for a spin! Be forewarned that there are rarely conversions from Jet without at least a few bumps and bruises, but they aren't nearly as bad these days as they used to be!

-PatP