Question Unanswered: unknown error 972 in IE/Filemaker

i have 3 filemaker databases shared over our intranet from a filemaker server (192.168.1.46), each with a password protection enabled. sometimes when i try to go into one, i get the 'unknown error 972'. when i close the browser, empty my temp internet files and restart the browser, it works fine.

anybody able to explain this?

tia!

Re: unknown error 972 in IE/Filemaker

Originally posted by cummings
    i have 3 filemaker databases shared over our intranet from a filemaker server (192.168.1.46), each with a password protection enabled. sometimes when i try to go into one, i get the 'unknown error 972'. when i close the browser, empty my temp internet files and restart the browser, it works fine.

anybody able to explain this?

tia!
    From the Developer's Guide: 972 - The password is invalid

Don't know if this has anything to do with clearing temp files or not. Does the file ask you for a password before casting the error? If not, maybe it's some password saved somewhere.

J

aah. what you say makes sense. it must be caching the password from a different database, and clearing the cache clears the password. seems silly that it remembers the last password you used and won't let you re-log in, so you can't have different passwords on different databases without having to clear you cache all the time when you switch between them. what a shame.