Wink Unanswered: Filtering Reports

How can i create filter by reports ? I would like my user to type in date range and based on that date range report should be open .

Example: If user wants to preview order reports for one month they will enter "txtStartDate""04-22-04" to "txtEndDate"05-22-04 so when the report is preview its only between the selected date range.

Pls........Help
    Skharva

Re: Filtering Reports

You apply filter on or before opening the report. Once the report is in the preview then you can't change the filter. To change it, you'll have to close the report, reassign your filter values and again run the report.

Originally posted by Skharva
    How can i create filter by reports ? I would like my user to type in date range and based on that date range report should be open .

Example: If user wants to preview order reports for one month they will enter "txtStartDate""04-22-04" to "txtEndDate"05-22-04 so when the report is preview its only between the selected date range.

Pls........Help

Re: Filtering Reports

Originally posted by khan
    You apply filter on or before opening the report. Once the report is in the preview then you can't change the filter. To change it, you'll have to close the report, reassign your filter values and again run the report.
    This is the code i use to filter reports. but reports opens up based on the Order date. I would like report to be filter out based on user selectd date range.

Private Sub cmdGo_Click()
    Dim strCondition As String
    Dim strsql As String
    Dim ctl As Control

Select Case OptReports
    Case 1

strName = "rptOrder"
    strCondition = "OrderDate"

If Not IsNull(txtStartDate) Then

If IsNull(txtEndDate) Then
    strsql = strsql & " AND OrderDate = " & "#" & txtStartDate & "#"
    ElseIf Not IsNull(txtEndDate) Then
    strsql = strsql & " AND OrderDate Between " & "#" & txtStartDate & "#" & " AND " & _
    "#" & txtEndDate & "#"
    End If

End If
    DoCmd.OpenReport strName, acViewPreview, , strCondition
    End Select

End Sub
    Skharva

The easiest way I have found is to use a form to both select the report and enter the dates. If the user needs to run multiple reports for the same date range, he or she enters the dates only once. This also allows you to put the dates on the report. If the dates are simply parameters in a query, you can not address then and use them in the report.

Originally posted by ray705
    The easiest way I have found is to use a form to both select the report and enter the dates. If the user needs to run multiple reports for the same date range, he or she enters the dates only once. This also allows you to put the dates on the report. If the dates are simply parameters in a query, you can not address then and use them in the report.
    Yes i do have form where user can input date range. And then click on "cmdPreview" to view reports. But for reason its not wrk right with the codes. Do you have example that i can see or any suggestion ?

Thanks
    Skharva