Unanswered: prompted to refresh

Anybody know how to remove the prompt to refresh a pivot table when it opens?

I tried this registry change (listed for excel 2k) and modified the location from 9.0 to 11.0 but it didn't help:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...d=kb;IT;248204

TIA

Have you tried Application.DisplayAlerts = False?

Smitty

i think that will work on automation but what about if a user opens it manually? i tried alerts=false in workbook open but i think the security message fires before that

There's no getting around the Macro Security message if security is set to Medium or High. You can set the security to Low, but that's not advisable unless you've got a Virus Scan program running.

A better plan is to get a Digital Certificate. The Microsoft Knowledge Base details the process pretty well.

There are also ways to "force" users into enabling macros by setting all the sheets except a "dashboard" sheet to XLVeryHidden in the Workbook_Open event with an explanation that Macros must be enabled in order to access the worksheet.

Similar to the Password required workbook I'm attaching.

Hope that helps,

Smitty
    Attached Files Attached Files

Smitty,

I get the prompt even on low. I have the certs no problem but I was wondering if this latest Excel prompt could even be disabled. For example some of the new security features (even the ones that have been around a while in XP) such as the Outlook object model guard prompt can't be turned off (even with a cert - in Outlook's case you have to install an MS Exchange form and registry hack.)

Joe G

Wow, I can't think of what would be causing you to get the security prompt when the level is set to Low.

Smitty