Unanswered: Crystal Reports 8 Query Help!

I need a little help.
    First off, to get it out of the way I am new to Crystal Reports... and I'm useing Crystal Reports 8

The issue I'm having is I can't get CR to save the query I'm entering into the "Show SQL Query" window.

Here is a copy of the query I'm trying to save:
    SELECT
    ProcessHist."PROC_Date", ProcessHist."STORE_NMB", ProcessHist."UNITS_SHIPPED", LEFT(ProcessHist."LOCATION",3)
    FROM
    "Processing"."dbo"."ProcessHist" ProcessHist

And this is what it default to:

SELECT
    ProcessHist."PROC_Date", ProcessHist."STORE_NMB", ProcessHist."UNITS_SHIPPED", ProcessHist."LOCATION"
    FROM

I can't get the "LEFT" function to stay in there..
    Is it possible I'm entering this in the wrong place? What I'm trying to do is take multiple data in a LOCATION column and just bring in the First three letters.

Example: FC35436 FC35434, FC25435, FC00435 --> After the Query should display: FC3 FC3 FC2 FC0.

The data in the report needs to be grouped by that field too....

Anyone Help?!?!

Thanks!

Josh

In Crystal reports you cannot change anything in the SELECT Statement in the show SQL query window,as far as I know.
    so use something like this,

SELECT
    ProcessHist."PROC_Date", ProcessHist."STORE_NMB", ProcessHist."UNITS_SHIPPED", ProcessHist."LOCATION"
    FROM
    WHERE 0=1
    UNION ALL
    SELECT
    ProcessHist."PROC_Date", ProcessHist."STORE_NMB", ProcessHist."UNITS_SHIPPED", LEFT(ProcessHist."LOCATION",3)
    FROM

Hope it helps.