Thread: blank form

Unanswered: blank form

hi everyone. I have a few forms that allow a user to perform a query. When I updated the main table through a make table query. I then erased the origional main table and renamed the new main table the same name. Now when I open my forms, they blank. When I go to design all the stuff is still there but blank when viewed normally. Any ideas. Thanks

Re: blank form

Hi

If your record source is now a newly made table, then there are no records in it. Forms go a bit funny where there are no records to display - they show nothing, including controls. IF you are intending for people to enter new records to the table I think you need to enter acFormAdd in the DataMode argument of the OpenForm action. The controls will now appear and it will be ready for users to enter a record.

Actually the table has about 55,000 records in it. The forms were made so the user can query the table for information.

The "new" table is just an updated version of the old table.

oops. don't i feel daft.

This isn't one of those instances when Access "helpfully" notices that an object name has changed and changes some of the properties accordingly? does the form need refreshing or is it closed during the creating table procedure? Can't help but feel that it is something to do with having no records to display as that's the only time I've known forms to do that. Sorry can't be more helpful

I just needed to reasign the primary key. Fixed.