Unanswered: Run-time error '2448' upon exit

Anyone have any thoughts as to why when I'm in my invoicing form, and I completely close Access (using the X in the upper right hand corner), I get the error:

"Microsoft Visual Basic

Run-time error '2448':

You can't assign a value to this object."

And I get the option to END or DEBUG... The problem is, though, that when I click DEBUG, Access closes, and I can't see where the problem is..

Anyone experience anything like this?

Brian

There are numerous causes to the error you mentioned - an invalid date value, text going into a numeric field, etc. and it's probably a record being updated through code.

As for it closing even when you click the "Debug" button" is an indication that it is setup with "Startup Options" including "View code on error" being unchecked.

Navigate to the actual MDB file, right click and choose OPEN while holding don the shift key. Be sure to hold the shift key until it is done loading. This will bypass the Startup Options.

You'll have to pick out the form that normally comes up when you run the program and manually run it. Then you can recreate the error and the code should come up this time.

If the file is an MDE or you have Access Run-Time, not a full install of Access, this won't work and you're out of luck (because there is no code in an MDE and Run-Time does not have the functionality to edit code).

Good luck

I appreciate the idea, unfortunately, it doesn't do anything for me...

What I have here is an MDB with 11 forms (each one with a significant amount of code), 42 tables, 40 queries, 4 reports, and 5 macros... Not a small database by any means...

I have a switchboard set to load upon opening the database... Out of the 11 forms I have, the only time I can recreate this error is when I am in either the Invoice form or the Purchase Order form, and I don't close the form itself, but instead close Access completely. Any forms can be open in the background, and it doesn't change anything. There are only two times in the entire system that I can recreate this problem, and can do so with ease every single time.

I cannot find any place that I can see a problem...

I just created a stripped-down version of the DB without all the extra forms and any of the data, and have just attached it to this thread in case one of you very very nice folks reading this cares to download it and check it out for yourself...

Thanks everyone!

Brian
    Attached Files Attached Files