Unanswered: Huge security problem

Our DB was secured with the "user-level security wizard" and an MDW was generated. At the time that was done you could not click on the DB w/out it complaing about security rights (so you had to click the shortcut to get the login box).

However, today a user just informed me that he can access the DB w/out the shortcut now...I tested it, and he is right. Now I can re-run the security wizard, but I shouldn't have to, correct?

1) Is this common
    2) What would cause something like this

Thanks,
    Steve

Explain a bit more Please

Could you explain for me how he accessed the database without using the security shortcut. I have two reasons for wanting this knowledge.

1. I use an MDW on my company database

2. It may help me be able to help you resolve your issue.

Hope I can help,
    JS
    Have you ever thought about thinking on purpose?

Jarvis Stubblefield
    Patriot Designs
    Web/Database Development and Consulting
    The-Patriot.net by Patriot Designs

Sure, he just browsed over to the network share and opened the MDB directly. It momentarily bitched about an intranet error (something about rights...), when he clicked ok, everything came up as if it wasn't locked down.
    Now if he tried to use the shortcut he gets the login box, but it will not let him past that, again it is complaining about rights....but a differnet error message this time.

Did you remove the all rights from the admin user within the DB and create a new Admin with a different name. It is possible that you still have full admin right assigned to the admin and when the user double clicks on the DB directly, it uses the MDW on his machine and not the one accessed through the shortcut.

S-

Ok, I removed any admins but myslef, and removed access rights to the admin account itself, I'll have him try it...

...now this particular user happens to be the super admin for the entire network/domain. Could that have anything to do with it?

Shouldn't, the rights should be based on the MDW not network rights

S-

So any ideas how it's even possible? If I try and load it form the same share he does I get the security error, while when he does it, he gets in fine, although he gets a small error (almost like a bug).

If you have it set up right, I have no clue

Sorry

S-