Thread: Help!

Question Unanswered: Help!

I am attempting to create a database for employees to track time on their projects. The idea seems very simple but I can't get the functionality to work.
    This is what I am trying to accomplish...

I have tables built for Employees, Departments and Tasks. They all have ID's to establish their relationships.

What I want the user to be able to do is, select from a dropdown list their Employee name (good so far). From that selection I want the Department, associated with that employee to autopopulate (doesn't work). Then, from the Department selection, the Tasks associated with that Department, and only those tasks to be available in a dropdown list.

This seems so simple but I can't figure it out... Any suggestions?

ras

Provided Answers: 1
    Can you outline the approach you are currently taking? There's a couple ways to do this, but it's better if we work on what you already have instead of re-inventing the wheel for you.

I'm starting with no data. It's all going to come from the tables I've created as the user selects an option and/or adds new data to the form. As the user puts data into it, a "MASTER" table will hold the data. The form's record source is based on a query. The drop down control's row source is based on a "look up" query.
    But nothing I've tried seems to be functioning. I hope this helps give you some idea. If not, we'll try again. Thanks!

ras