Unanswered: Macros automatically updating

Hello,
    I am having a problem with macros. I have written a traffic control program (kinda). It simply uses macros to copy and paste pre-drawn graphics of highways. My problem is when I open the program (traffic.xls) and draw some section of road, and then save under a new file name, the next time I open traffic, the macros point to the graphics in the new file. I don't know what I may have done to make this happen, but it is annoying! Can anyone help me?

Welcome to the Board!

Can you post your code?

It's likely that you're referring to another workbook in it.

Smitty

Here is one of the codes in my sheet. This code remains the same when I save it, what is updating is the assigned macro on the buttons.

'
    Sheets("Roads").Select
    ActiveSheet.Shapes("Group 40").Select
    Selection.Copy
    Sheets("Traffic Control Plan").Select
    Range("D16").Select
    ActiveSheet.Paste
    End Sub

I just looked at the button to see if I could figure out what macro it is saying is assigned to it. The origonal assigned macro was,

Traffic.xls!twolaneh

and after I saved it as 318.xls

'D:\Documents and Settings\Master\Desktop\318.xls'!twolaneh

It does this automatically.

OK,

Delete your current button, then View-->Toolbars-->Control Toolbox and draw a new button. In Edit Mode (the triangle with a pencil), double click and paste your code between the Command Button1_Click() and End Sub.

Now there are no file references to change

Hope that helps,

Smitty

Thanks for your help, but I am changing how I am doing this program. I am going to use hyperlinks to insert pictures from my custom tool bar and this is working for me. It is a bit slower (I have to redo all of my roads and signs) but all of the hyperlinks work in both the origonal file and the drawn saved one.

Thanks again
    Jeeper74