Unanswered: Newbie question: Debugegr for SQL Server 2000 (e.g. through Visual Basic???)

I am using the SQL Server 2000 query analyser to write stored procedures for an SQL Server 2000 database.

I would like to find a debugger to help me "look into" my stored procedures as they are executed (e.g. to watch a Cursor fill a table row by row, see the contents of temporary tables as a stored procedure progresses, etc.)

Could anybody, please, direct me to-

* Any debugger that does this
    OR
    * Simple instructions how to run stored procedures from Visual Basic. I suspect :) that VB's debugger may be able to look into the SQL as it is being executed, but I don't actually know how to use VB itself.

Thanks very much,

Angelos

SQL Query Analyzer comes equipped with a Transact-SQL debugger that allows you to control and monitor the execution of stored procedures. The debugger supports traditional functionality such as setting breakpoints, defining watch expressions, and single stepping through procedures. This functionality is available when the SQL Server service uses a domain user account.

It is not advisable to use the Transact-SQL debugger on a production server. While in step execution mode, the debugger can lock certain system resources that are needed by other processes.

HTH
    --Satya SKJ
    Microsoft SQL Server MVP
    [IMG]http://sqlserver-qa.net/google_bart.gif[/IMG]

Visual Studio .NET

Visual Studio .NET has a T-SQL Debugger written into it.

Provided Answers: 54
    The Enterprise Edition of VB (and also VC) have a Transact-SQL debugger too.

-PatP