Unanswered: Background colour evaluation per record

I've got training record being displayed on a Continuous Form. Each record has a expirydate. I want the back ground colour of the expirydate control to turn red if the expirydate has gone. Is it possible to do this on a per record basis when I try it changes the background colour of the box for every record.

Quote Originally Posted by ISLMAN1975
    I've got training record being displayed on a Continuous Form. Each record has a expirydate. I want the back ground colour of the expirydate control to turn red if the expirydate has gone. Is it possible to do this on a per record basis when I try it changes the background colour of the box for every record.
    Yes. Look at the conditional formatting for each cell in the row ...

Right click on the cell and select conditional formatting from the properties ...

I do what you are talking about but I change the forecolor.

I do it by making different fields in the query using IIF and I overlay the fields on the form with each one having a transparent background but different coloured writing. Thus when the IIF function produces a Null value then the writing becomes visible for one of the other fields.

For example, in my diary system which is used for telemarketing the particular salesman might list some days or afternoons etc. where he will not be available. When I "click" the writing will change to "red" from "green" but all that has happened is the a set value action has made an entry in another field which results in a Null value.

So I have fields in the query like

DayOut: IIf([Day] Is Not Null,[Days],Null) Then say a DayIn version and with the fields DayOut and DayIn overlaid and transpared background

I don't know how to do background but for me the change in forecolour achieves the same result.

Mike

Arh sorted so that what the conditional formatting feature is for. I couldn't find this as I was looking at the properties by right clicking the control.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mike375
    I do what you are talking about but I change the forecolor.

I do it by making different fields in the query using IIF and I overlay the fields on the form with each one having a transparent background but different coloured writing. Thus when the IIF function produces a Null value then the writing becomes visible for one of the other fields.

For example, in my diary system which is used for telemarketing the particular salesman might list some days or afternoons etc. where he will not be available. When I "click" the writing will change to "red" from "green" but all that has happened is the a set value action has made an entry in another field which results in a Null value.

So I have fields in the query like

DayOut: IIf([Day] Is Not Null,[Days],Null) Then say a DayIn version and with the fields DayOut and DayIn overlaid and transpared background

I don't know how to do background but for me the change in forecolour achieves the same result.

Mike

I am still running Access 95 and either it does not have conditional formatting or if it does I can't see it.

By the way I am about to make the move to XP soon as Access 95 has some problems running on XP. My .mdb file is around 70 meg without records and compacted. I am expecting some real hair pulling times

...Mike

Quote Originally Posted by ISLMAN1975
    Arh sorted so that what the conditional formatting feature is for. I couldn't find this as I was looking at the properties by right clicking the control.

Thanks
    What version are you using? Also what kind of control are you trying to change the color on?