Arrow Unanswered: Save precalculated field

I need help to save in a field called "Severity" the calculation of a value using a group of others fields, there exist in the same table and all the fields are numbers. I have to use a query or I can use another method more simple just in the form or in the field definition?

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by buzy
    I need help to save in a field called "Severity" the calculation of a value using a group of others fields, there exist in the same table and all the fields are numbers. I have to use a query or I can use another method more simple just in the form or in the field definition?

Thanks in advance
    SQLString="UPDATE SomeTable SET Severity=FieldA * FieldB/FieldC+FieldD-FieldE WHERE ( Some condition applies ...);"
    DoCmd.RunSQL SQLString

More accurate

Is it possible to create a precalculated field in the table in any form, using a macro or something like that? Due to the design of the form and the fields should be better another solution than the directly SQL statment using an UPDATE.

Quote Originally Posted by buzy
    Is it possible to create a precalculated field in the table in any form, using a macro or something like that? Due to the design of the form and the fields should be better another solution than the directly SQL statment using an UPDATE.
    What do you mean? Have a formula as part of the data structure itsself? That can't happen ...You have to do some kind of UPDATE whether as a query (via a macro or otherwise ...) or as a discrete SQL statement (like what I did ...)

re

The problem is that I have two index that determine the register to update in the severity, one is the current register showed in the form and the other one is the product Id, selected by a list of products, also the current Severity calculated for this product and other fields that affects the calculated must appear in this list, product, maket affected, Severity, etc...

Thanks