Thread: OwnerName

Unanswered: OwnerName

Is there a method or a tool that can either 1) Clear the OwnerName from the MKD file or 2) make an exact copy of the MKD file to another MKD file and not bring over the Owner name from the source or finally 3) just make an exact duplicate of the MKD file with out data and with out the OwnerName?

Thanks in advance for any info!

(Keep in mind that I do not know what the assigned 'OwnerName' is.)
    Last edited by acerocks; 04-28-04 at 09:47.

Talking NEW PROGRESS???? Not sure.

NEW NOTE: I did find and use a DDF_Edit tool that I owned. I was able to get to a point where I have re-created an empty MKD file that was based on the original and without the original OwnerName coming over.

The odd thing now is that the fields names in the new MKD file are a bit different, and in some cases it seems as if the field name(s) and type(s) have changed.

For instance, the original MKD file had a field named "CustomerType" and a string value of "LEVEL A100". But the new MKD file appears to havethe same layout and number of fields. but the original field "CustomerType" is now "CTYPE" and instead of allowing me to enter "LEVEL A100" it will only allow for numbers 0 through 9.

Any ideas on this one????