Thread: Report Issues

Unanswered: Report Issues

Is it possible to have a report that is tied to a query in which the user selects the information on a form.

Ex. User types in a number in a form which populates 10 text boxes. Can I then create a report from that data. I know you can put "unique number" in a query and create a report but that is not very user friendly.

Thanks.

Yes

Create you form

the reference the textbox on that form in the query as your criteria

like [forms]![formName]![textboxName]

In every textbox you reference that you want all record enter a "*"

S-

Ok here is what I have done. I have created the forms that allows the user to type in a number which spits back information into a few text boxes. I put [Forms]![Term Worksheet]![txtYear] in the criteria section of the query associated with the year textbox on the form. Now what do I put in the control source of the report textbox?

Thanks.

Does anyone else know how to populate a report with a query that is based on a form?

Are you looking to just print what is in the form? Or are you using the form to set criteria for the report?

If the first is true:

The control in the report would be

=[forms]![formName]![textboxName]

This essentially would give you a snapshot of what's in the form.
    If that's the case, the report can be unbound.

If the latter is true,

Sbaxter had the answer.

Hope that helps,

CP

What I am looking to do is allow the user to run a query on a form. Then I want to have the user press a button and populate the query data into a preformated report. I think I understand what you are getting at but when I put =[Forms]![Term Worksheet Query]![txtYear] in the criteria section of the query I get the enter parameter problem.

Does anyone have a dummy example to could "zip" and send. That might make it a little easier.

Just thought I'd ask again this morning if anyone has a dummy version of a form based query that populates a report.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tjarvas
    Just thought I'd ask again this morning if anyone has a dummy version of a form based query that populates a report.

Thanks.
    For the most part, all of my reports get a table name to use and some selection criteria and the report itself queries for the data, collates, and then prints ... What you're asking to do is not that difficult ...

I tried to follow some of the previous posts but couldn't quite get it to work.

Should I try to put

=[Forms]![Term Worksheet Query]![txtYear] in the criteria section of the query that is associated with the form that the user touches. If so what do I put in the text box in the report control source so the field Year populates it?

I think the main problem is once the user get the results back from the query on the form, how do I create a report without having to go to the database window and manually open it?

Thanks.