Question Unanswered: ADO and like operator

Hi,

I'm using Delphi, ADO and Access 2000. I trying this query directly in Access and it' working fine :

delete * from test_inspection where no_test_code like '3*';

When trying it using ADO in Delphi, it's not working. I have no error but nothing is deleted. Do you have an idea??

Quote Originally Posted by dbernier2201
    Hi,

I'm using Delphi, ADO and Access 2000. I trying this query directly in Access and it' working fine :

delete * from test_inspection where no_test_code like '3*';

When trying it using ADO in Delphi, it's not working. I have no error but nothing is deleted. Do you have an idea??
    Try replacing your "*" with a "%" sign ... You use * within QBE but ADO uses the % sign as the wildcard ...

Thanks, that's working. The only think that isn't working is when I try to use a parameter

delete from test_inspection where no_test_code like :no_test.

To use it like if it was a parameter I use to concatenate my paramter to the query at Run-Time :
    qry.sql.append(delete from test_inspection where no_test_code like + quotedStr(temp + '%'));

Quote Originally Posted by dbernier2201
    Thanks, that's working. The only think that isn't working is when I try to use a parameter

delete from test_inspection where no_test_code like :no_test.

To use it like if it was a parameter I use to concatenate my paramter to the query at Run-Time :
    qry.sql.append(delete from test_inspection where no_test_code like + quotedStr(temp + '%'));
    Well since I don't know anything about Dephi except it's based on PASCAL, try getting your SQL statement to look like:

DELETE FROM SomeTable WHERE ( SomeThing LIKE 'SomeThingElse%');

Use Delphi to concat a string together so that it looks like that ...