Angry Unanswered: DB2 ODBC binding error

Hi all,

I am trying to make a connection through ODBC connection to the DB2 database with one of our applications. I got the following error message :

Error Messages:
    [IBM][CLI Driver][db2/NT] SQL0443N Routine "SYSIBM.SQLTABLES" (specific name "TABLES")has returned an error SQLSTATE with diagnostic "SYSIBM:CLI:-805", SQLSTATE=38553

DB2 Version: DB2 connect edition 8.1.5 (fixpak 5 applied)
    Operating System: Windows 2000 Server (Service pack 4)

I am a newbie and i dont know how to interpret this error message. I did a google search and seems that no one has had this error before. Any suggestions is really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Open your db2 configuration assistant, select the database name , right-click and then bind ..

Select all the packages listed and do a bind ...

HTH

Sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Angry

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I did go to the Configuration Assistant and tried to add "db2cli.lst". I got the following error.

"SQL0031C File "C:\Program Files\IBM...bnd\db2cli.lst\db2clipk.bnd" could not be opened.

SQL0031C File "C:\Program Files\IBM...bnd\db2cli.lst\db2clist.bnd" could not be opened.

SQL30082N Attempt to establish connection failed with security reason "17" ("UNSUPPORTED FUNCTION"). SQLSTATE=08001

Bind completed with errors and/or warnings."

I tried connecting as Administrator. Thanks.