Unanswered: Help What Happen to my zip code

I'm obviously a novice access user. I've got a mailing list which when I print labels (I use the mailing list wizard to creat labels), drops the leading zeros from states like MA, ME, NJ etc. Post Office doesn't like this very much. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated as I'm lost.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MattDrudge
    I'm obviously a novice access user. I've got a mailing list which when I print labels (I use the mailing list wizard to creat labels), drops the leading zeros from states like MA, ME, NJ etc. Post Office doesn't like this very much. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated as I'm lost.
    thanks
    How are you storing the zip code? It sounds like a number... Why don't you query for it and treat it like a string? Hint: Use the Format function in the query ...

if you're storing it as a number in the table, put 00000 in the format section in design mode. that way it won't change 05549 to 5549. hope this helps.

No I took the default from the wizard, it's a character type.

help please, can't print these labels w/o all of zip code.

okay...you can put @@@@@ in the format box, and it'll keep your zeros for zip codes. you'll have to retype them, though. meaning, it won't add 0s in the places where they were supposed to be.

thank you mucho