Unanswered: match columns and replace according to match..

Hey all,

I used to work with Microsoft Foxpro 6 regularly but now I haven't touched it in months and forgot the proper syntax

I have two databases, they're both the same except that one is outdated. I'd like to match the outdated one up to the good one by product code, and replace all product weights with the newer weight, when the codes match.

foxpro is giving me hell about it though, here's the command I'm trying to execute

---------------------

repla all prods428.product_we with prods.product_we where prods428.product_co = prods.product_co

--------------------------------------------

in english, replace all old products weight with new products weight, where old products code equals the new product code..

Any help? I'm sure it's just a minor syntax thing. Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Mike521
    Hey all,
    ---------------------
    repla all prods428.product_we with prods.product_we where prods428.product_co = prods.product_co
    --------------------------------------------

in english, replace all old products weight with new products weight, where old products code equals the new product code..

Any help? I'm sure it's just a minor syntax thing. Thanks in advance
    Now I am not a foxpro guru but I have a hunch that you may want to say repace instead of repla. How's that?
    My way or the highway. Yeah

Provided Answers: 54
    I'd suggest that you start with the REPLACE documentation. Your example looks like you are combining the syntax for REPLACE with SQL syntax, and that VFP is having trouble sorting out what you meant!

-PatP