Thread: Need help

Unanswered: Need help

Ok, I am having problems doing a Update query to my database. It's for a plant nursery. I need to do an update query that will update the inventory data when a new order is filled. I have a Inventory table with the Plant ID and Quantity; a Order-line item table with the Order ID, Plant ID, Quantity, and Price; and a Customer order table with the Order ID, Customer ID, Date, and Y/N question. I also have a procurement, procurement line item, customer, plant, and supplier table which I believe are irrelevant to this query. How would I go about creating this update query, and it also wants me to have the criteria of today's date so that after an order is filled, the clerk can run the update query to update the inventory. Please help, any advice would be greatly appreciated!

is it possible for you to upload a zipped copy of the db (no sensitive data in it , of course), so we can have a go at it? Also, it would be helpful if you specified just what fields should be updated, and to what, only from values in a filled-in form? Specify anything that is not manually written in the form fields. We save some time and may avoid miscommunication on simple issues if we can have a look at the form with the underlying table structure/relationships . Easier to spot errors/logic missing etc. (Wrong indexes/duplicate allowances etc.)

Daniel.

Specify the problem in the title to get more attention.

Hi, for future new threads, please try to specify your need briefly in the SUBJECT line of the posting, this makes it easier for everyone, and might help getting attention from more people that otherwise would not bother to open every posting that says just "need help". In an active forum such as this one, that is even more important since many have to select only a few postings they can read because of tight schedules etc.

Daniel.