Exclamation Unanswered: I need some help.....

1st off I want to thank anyone that takes time to reply my stick. OK heres my big mission..... I have an EXCEL spreadsheet that is an inventory with about 15 fillable blocks. This spread sheet due to regulation has to be the exact size and the frames have to be intact every page.
    I issue and recieve new equipment all month long and have to put everything in alphabetical order which is alot of work. Now i want to create a database where I can put all current material and as the material comes in or is issued is filled into a specific sheet (excel) and if the 15 blocks to put the info in are full to start a new page. I need certain data in certain fields. Also the name for equipment has to be in alphabetical order. I need ideas fast!!! Please help.
    THanks
    [IMG]2653.jpg[/IMG]
    "WarFighter" I have attached picture of spreadsheet!!!!!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2653.jpg  

So, is this the spreadsheet? I would be surprised, since it is "Revised 1974" (long before electronic spreadsheets came on the scene).

Now, do you mean to set up this kind of thing (originally a paper form) in Excel, and have it function as an updatable database? The answer is: a qualified Yes.

Are you wanting data input and data output from the same worksheet?
    old, slow, and confused
    but at least I'm inconsistent!

Rich
    (retired Excel 2003 user, 3/28/2008)

How to ask a question on forums

Please don't tell me that you work for the US Government...

We/you can do much better than this, to which Shades alluded; all in about 15 minutes or so.

Are you printing on carbonless forms or some other nonsense? Why the need to stick to a standard updated in 1974, which replaced 1967 technology? Heck, Shades wasn't even a newly-wed then and he's been married for 33 years!

I make this sound ridiculous because it appears to be, and because I've dealt with this kind of thing. It sounds like you've already set up a sheet to match the example you posted. From there you have a few options that spring to mind: 1) a Worksheet Selection_Change event that will automatically sort after each new entry or a User Form. A User Form will probably be more "friendly".

Zip your workbook and post it. From there someone can come up with a solution that fits your needs in short order.

Hope that helps,

Smitty

Exclamation Ok here is the info...... HELP HELP!!

We use a program called Form Flow Filler to input data in the boxes. The main fields i am worried about is under "Short Title" then Under "REG NO". The quantity is always 1 and the month can be hand written. All the boxes on the right are checked manualy as we inventory the stuff.

I need to be able to paste things into the short title fields & reg Number fields; the size and quantity of rows can not change just the data must fit in the availible 15 short title slots or start a new page. I have to keep all the other boxes exactly the same. That is why excel wont help. I have the spreadsheet & can insert but that will not do what i need. If the fields are full i need them to start on field 1 on next page. The reg number must be on the right. Title & # are there for a reason.. Example. Monitor( Short TItle) REG # is 48767303 then next line ect ect. Quantity is always 1.
    I attached speadsheet (excel) and doc (word) in zip file.
    Help ME!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Any got info..

Aight im up for any information!! I need the help fast!

Okay, just looking at the spreadsheet layout, I would make two recommendations.

1. Don't use any merged cells. That will cause unnecessary problems. If you want the same effect, then select the cells and go to Format Cells > Alignment > Horizontal Alignment, and choose "Center Across Selection"

2. To keep the same rows at the top of the page, you can go to Page Setup > Sheets > Rows to Repeat at Top. Select Rows 1-6. (They will appear only once in the spreadsheet, but will print on every page.) Select cell A7, and go to Window > Freeze Pane. This will insure that the top six rows will always be visible.

Regarding the data, I assume you will post from "List of Items" worksheet. Will you then fill in all the data on Columns E through AI? Is only one value need per row?

My thought is that you could record a macro, copy rows 7 through 26, and paste after row 26. If that accomplishes what you want, then the macro can be adjusted to find the last empty cell/row, and always paste it there.

Then you could put a button over cell A4 and attach this macro, so that any time you needed to add more rows, it will automatically add the 15.

Not sure if this helps. But maybe will give you some ideas.
    old, slow, and confused
    but at least I'm inconsistent!

Rich
    (retired Excel 2003 user, 3/28/2008)

How to ask a question on forums