Unanswered: Macro to create relationship

Hi,

I am still fairly new to access. I am currently working on a project at work involving working with the dataflex db. Since the database is too slow to work directly on with the ODBC driver I use macro commands to import it to a table into access then delete them afterwards.

Since I will import a few tables in this fashion. I was wondering if there is a way to create relationship between the tables using macros.

Thanks

The quick answer is no. You'll need to do it in VBA by using DAO/ADO, in VBA using SQL, or in a Data Definition query.
    Andy Briggs
    Elmhurst Solutions Limited
    Database Development and Consultancy
    http://www.elmhurstsolutions.com

I might have to find another way.

The only reason why I have to delete the table is because everytime i do an import from an ODBC source to a table say with name "test". If the table existit will create anotehr one name "test1" even when the table is empty. Is there a way not to do this? I just want to import the data not the table.Like transfer spreedsheet macro. But this macro only allows to import data from excel and lotus.

Can anyone help me?

Do you actually need to import the data? Can't you just link to it? If you do need to import the table, why not use the DeleteObject macro action to delete the table called "test" before doing the import? That way you won't get a table called "test1".
    Andy Briggs
    Elmhurst Solutions Limited
    Database Development and Consultancy
    http://www.elmhurstsolutions.com