Unhappy Unanswered: how to backup MySQL DB

Hey guys,

i'm new to mysql. currently i have a database with 2 tables in it. my database name is malibu_udnerconstruction. the problem now is that i wan to do a backup on the database, but i don know how to do it. can any1 pls help me?

many thanks,
    Pat

use mysqldump to dump the entire data and table structure.
    if you just need to save the data you can do that by using the --no-creaete-info option.

Edit: Sorry I had originally put --no-data where it should be --no-create-info option
    Last edited by guelphdad; 04-30-04 at 15:02.

mysqldump

As Guelphdad mentioned, you can use the mysqldump command, here is an example:
    mysqldump --opt --host=localhost --user=myUser --password=myPass --result-file=C:\Backups\myBackupFile.sql myDatabase

in this case "myDatabase" will be your database name "malibu_udnerconstruction"

Also, if you are new to mysql there are many tools that can help you with the backup process. Take a look at MySQLBackupFTP ,the interface is very friendly and the tool has good features like file compression, ftp, and mail notifications.

alejandro, thanks for your effort, but please do not revive a thread that has been dead for so many years

the original poster is surely not still waiting over seven years for an answer, and if there's anyone else who has a question about mysql backups, we want them to start a new thread
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

Seven year old thread Revived
    Please make any check such case not going to happen again