Thread: New design

New design

New design sucks... why you didn't kept the old one?

Small adjustments possible and probably needed, I assume.

Hi there,

Maybe it takes a little time to get used to, to find what appears to be missing but perhaps is just moved,etc.

It would be interesting to hear exactly what you mean has gotten worse.

I myself was initially also "put off" a bit, now that I just found "Currently active users" in the mid section at the bottom of the page, and have explored the interface a bit, I am not that sure that I am negative, but I think there are many configuration options that can be adjusted, and it is not obvious to anybody what the majority of users would prefer of all the choices, I guess.

I have one wish at the moment:
    Move the section with "Currently active users" and the display options on top.

Also: one bad thing: earlier it was easy to subscribe to a thread. With the new design, 1-click has become 3: click the drop-down menu, select "subscribe to thread", confirm on a new page. It is generally bad to make things more cumbersome. These options are fine, but should be placed in the personalisation/options page, so that a user can set the preferred behaviour once and for all. I really miss the one-click-thread subscription possibility.

Daniel.
    Last edited by kedaniel; 04-29-04 at 18:00.

I see that moving that section on top (forum view, not post/thread view) could be a problem, as there is already so much white space wasted "up there". That part is bad design, I think. Should be possible to be more economic with the space on top, especially on pages like this, where the list below the top section(s) is the main attraction... However, still want the display options and currently active users on top... Very practical the page is refreshed and one is automatically placed on top of it.

I like it, but it does seem a bit busy. Whats with all the ads even for premium memebers?

Search does not give good results as it used to do earlier ...

This is the case with DB2 forum, atleast

Sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by sathyaram_s
    Search does not give good results as it used to do earlier ...
    Sathyaram
    *L* "good"??? I'd settle for "ANY" at this point :|
    aka "Paul"
    Non est ei similis.

I just read "100 Things To Do Before You Die". I was surprised that "Yell for help!!" wasn't one of them