Unanswered: Floating Menus Over A SubForm

Hello,

I am making a custom database for a client and I am wondering if there is a way to do the following...

I want a system where the main menu options are availabe at all times there are two options..

Using a custom menu toolbar which link to the forms
    (are custom toolbard computer dependant and need setting up individually on each pc?)

Coding a list of tabs at the top of the screen on one form and have all the forms as a subform off that main form.
    In this case can I have it so when they click on the menu option on the main form at the top of the screen that a list of options appears below the button pressed - over the subform?

any help / comments would be appreciated!

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lewisholmes

Using a custom menu toolbar which link to the forms
    (are custom toolbard computer dependant and need setting up individually on each pc?)
    If it is a Toobar you created with the Access DB then no the are not computer Dependant. They travel with the DB

Quote Originally Posted by lewisholmes
    Coding a list of tabs at the top of the screen on one form and have all the forms as a subform off that main form.
    In this case can I have it so when they click on the menu option on the main form at the top of the screen that a list of options appears below the button pressed - over the subform?
    I would go with your other options, In addition to customer toolbars you can create cutom menus to display instead of the standard Access Menu Bar

S-

Thanks for the reply,

having a look at creating a custom toolbar
    is there a way to pass openargs to the form being opened?

Just one more question...

I have created my custom toolbar and it all looking good

how do i get rid of the access menu bar.

I know that in the startup options you can set which menu bar to use but the custom toolbar is not showing up

have i missed something - what is the difference between a menu bar and a custom toolbar or are they one of the same?!

menu bars and tool bars are not the same (whether custom or standard).

meanwhile ...i've given up with custom menus - too many things they cant do (no combos for example!!!!!!).

i use a bunch of labels and combos and checkboxes stuck up on the top of the main form ...which is ALWAYS on display... and kill all the Access standard menus/toolbars and the Access "holding window".

then a subform area on the main form and switch it's .sourceobject to suit whatever the user hits on the "menu".

it is sooooooooooooooooooooooo much easier than messing with A's menus.

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2