Question Unanswered: Changin SP functionality

Suppose there is an stored proc. called SP1, and there is another one called SP2, and from SP1 you want to modify the functionality of SP2, for example before SP2 inserted 100 registers in a table, now you want to update instead of insert, or print the message "Hello world" instead of "Hello man!" or whatever,i.e. change the SP2 text and the next time i run this SP2 it executes the changes i make from SP1, how can i do this.

How can you help me please!

ThanX!!!!

One option would be - use of Dynamic SQL in SP2 controlled by parameters passed while executing SP2 from SP1.

HTH.

Thumbs up

Hi mkalsi

where can i find documentation about Dynamic SQL or what is it????

ThanX!!!!

Here is a sample...

select @SelectCl1 = " select distinct account_no = case when a.account_no < 1000000 then ('0' + convert(varchar(12),a.account_no)) else convert(varchar(12),a.account_no) end,",
    @SelectCl2 = " account_title, branch_id = 'NYC', site_id = 'GV', account_type = '" + @p_AccountType + "', ccy_code_account",
    @Condition3 = " where a.account_no = c.account_no",
    @Condition4 = " and a.account_no between " + @c_StartAcct + " and " + @c_EndAcct

if (@p_AccountName Is Not Null AND @c_PK Is Not Null)
    select @Condition6 = " and a.account_title >= '" + rtrim(@TitleKey) + "'"

exec (@SelectCl1 +
    @SelectCl2 +
    @FromCl1 +
    @Condition1 +
    @Condition2 +
    @Condition3 +
    @Condition4 +
    @Condition5 +
    @Condition6 +
    @Condition7 +
    @Condition8 +
    @OrderBy
    )

Thumbs up

Hi thanX mkalsi you're suggestions help me but not at all, the text i want to modify is the static text code of SP2, for example i wanna search in the text code of SP2 (and also in others) if the word "HELLO" exists, if it does, then i wanna change it for another word directly in the syscomments system table and the next time i execute this SP then it compiles before the execution.

Greetings!!!

A sample would help. Thanx.