Unanswered: Commit after insert/select

Hello,

I'm running a query at the moment like:

insert into table1(field1)(select field2 from table2);

The SELECT statment return me about 35 million records. Is it possible to force a commit after a amount of selected records?

Thx & Rgds,

Well.. I am not sure whether u can do that. However, you can get your problem solved by defining a large rollback segment <Rbs_name> depending on your row size and use "SET TRANSACTION USE ROLLBACK SEGMENT <Rbs_name>" in you SQLPlus before executing the insert statement.

Another option is to generate a text file from the source table and use sql loader to Import the same in your Target table.

Regards,
    Gautam Paul

Quote Originally Posted by wstroop
    Hello,

I'm running a query at the moment like:

insert into table1(field1)(select field2 from table2);

The SELECT statment return me about 35 million records. Is it possible to force a commit after a amount of selected records?

Thx & Rgds,

Quote Originally Posted by gpeee
    Well.. I am not sure whether u can do that. However, you can get your problem solved by defining a large rollback segment <Rbs_name> depending on your row size and use "SET TRANSACTION USE ROLLBACK SEGMENT <Rbs_name>" in you SQLPlus before executing the insert statement.
    Thx, I remember this one, it all went successfull. (finally)
    Quote Originally Posted by gpeee
    Another option is to generate a text file from the source table and use sql loader to Import the same in your Target table.

Regards,
    Gautam Paul
    This one I tried before, but I got a coredump from sqlplus.