Unanswered: Auto Number Reset

Greetings All,

I have developed a database in Access 2002 and now that testing is complete I would very much like to reset AN back to zero.
    I've seen several soloutions, including deleting all the data and compacting the database and also deleting the AN field and then reinserting it but none of these tricks will work for me. Can anyone help? I would be grateful if any replies could be pitched at the Novice/Idiot level.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Togsie
    Greetings All,

I have developed a database in Access 2002 and now that testing is complete I would very much like to reset AN back to zero.
    I've seen several soloutions, including deleting all the data and compacting the database and also deleting the AN field and then reinserting it but none of these tricks will work for me. Can anyone help? I would be grateful if any replies could be pitched at the Novice/Idiot level.

Thanks.
    You can't. What you have to do is copy the structure of the table in question to a new table, delete the old table, and finally rename the new table to the old one ...

Thanks

Thanks for the rapid response. That did the trick.