Question Unanswered: Referencing Caption in Access Reports

Hi there

I have a database with four reports designed. The user is prompted for a date range, which will change the queries that the reports are based on for the selected dates. It will then output the reports to pdf format.

I want to change a caption on each report before it is exported so it will display the chosen dates, (e.g. "Update Report 04/01/2004 to 04/30/2004") however I can't seem to figure out how to set the caption properties in a closed report.

Could someone please help me with the syntax I need to acheive this... i.e. how to set a report object, and access a caption property using vba without having to display the reports.

Thanks.

Provided Answers: 1
    Do that in the Report_Open(Cancel As Integer) event of the report

Arrow

Example

lbl_BirtdayBetween.Caption = Forms("F_Birthday").txt_BirthdayFrom & " and " & Forms("F_Birthday").txt_BirthdayTo

Oh, and don't be dismayed at the fact that when you type in "caption" that that property does not appear as part of the autocomplete ... It's still available and will work.

Yes, that is good point, the caption property, is still available.

How to access caption for CLOSED reports

Thanks for the answers, however I want to access and change a label in a ClOSED report. Can I declare a report object (e.g. dim rCompany as Report), set it to a specific report in the collection and then reference/change a label on the report while it is closed? If so what is the syntax.

Thanks.