Unanswered: Connecting access tables to SQL Server
1. I created a table named GGG in SQL SERVER with an existing user.
2. I created an ODBC connection (through windows control panel) to the DB using SQL Server authentication.
3. the connection is successful.
4. I have an Access DB and I connect to table GGG to the access using the Link tables option.
5. the Access requests a password/user details and display a wonderful checkbox named : "Save Password".
Now, why everytime I quit the Access application and go in again, I get a request for password and user again ?? is there anyway around it ?
You may be able to put the username and password right into the connection string when relinking the tables as long as you know who is running the database, but this would be circumventing the security of MS SQL