Arrow Unanswered: Make a form Look Nicer?

I made a form.. still needs a little work.. BUt

i saw on a few examples of other peoples. and there's look much nicer and more like a form than a access page. less clutter and no title and menu bars. i want mine to look like that. is there a magical setting.. i have got rid of a few things. i still have the form in the Access main window. with 1 toolbar up top. but i want it to be by itself when it opens.

any ideas?

you can minimize the access window, and make your form pop up,

goto tools->startup, there are a couple of options there

I make my forms so that they are a bit smaller all round than the screen size.

If you go to the Captions property and delete the default entry and then move curson one space foward then the form will open free of headings.

The Northwinds example data base has some nice forms. although they are smaller than I like.

Staggered field and label positions as Northwinds uses looks nice but once there are a lot of fields it is not as easy to read and even column spacing of fields.

Mike

i now routinely kill the access window/menus etc and live in my own form without any apprent life support from access.

my way is here.

the one shortcoming is the inability to preview reports: this is fixed by outputting reports to snapshot and shelling to snapview.exe to "preview"

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2