Unanswered: Unable to register sql server

Got error message when trying to register sql server:
    NYCPI - SQL Server does not exist or access denied. ConnectionOpen(connect()

where NYCPI is my remote server name which has sql server in it.

When the registration wizard display a list of available servers, NYCPI appear twice in the available server list. But this problem is not exist in another machine. I tried register this sql server from another server and it is working in the second machine.

Any ideas?

When registering through ip address is working

Dear all,

I can registered the server by using IP address successfully. Only when I use the name is not working.
    Our IP address for the server has changed few days ago. Do you think this is a problem? But I was always referring the server by using the server name.

Any ideas?

Kansas City, MO
    Sounds like the WINS database was not updated. You need to talk to your network people about this. Before you do that, try this. On the machine you are connected to, run the following command at a command prompt: nbtstat -c. See what name is listed with the IP Address. If it's the wrong name, do an nbtstat -RR and see if that resolves it. If not, you need to call your network administrator.
    When life gives you a lemon, fire the DBA.