Question Unanswered: Validating Car rag in access. One more thing

To whom may know. I have had loads ofhelp today with validating the reg plate for cars in the uk. however the code i was given has the wrong letter in i thought it would be a simple case of changing the letter but no. The code is below

was
    iif(not instr("IJQTUZ",left$([plateNum], 1)) >0, iif(not instr("IQZ", mid$([plateNum], 2, 1)) > 0, iif(not instr("IZ", right$([plateNum], 1)) > 0, true, false)))

now need to be
    iif(not instr("IJQTUZ",left$([plateNum], 1)) >0, iif(not instr("IQZ", mid$([plateNum], 2, 1)) > 0, iif(not instr("IQ", right$([plateNum], 1)) > 0, true, false)))

in the last part the Z has changed to a Q but when i do this all i get is a errors now saying the code is to long or complex. Plz help.

Check the sql of the query (View-> SQL) and make sure that all versions of that line match. It may be different in the where, group by, or order by section. Another thing to check is if you have totals on then if it says expression, try changing expression to group by. It has been a while since I have had this error, but I think this should put you on the right track.