Thread: DB2 Cube Views

Unanswered: DB2 Cube Views

Hello Everyone.

I need some clues about db2 cube views in terms of has anyone of you implemented the same? Links to some good white papers depicting the implementation and benefits would also be really helpful.

I have some documentation on cube views and am getting a hang of the product.

Any pointers will be really helpful.
    HTH

Nitin

Ask the experienced rather than the learned

Hi Nitin,

I had implemented DB2 Cube Views on top of MQTs.

Please be specific abt what you require and on which platform, so that I can help you out.

Cheers,
    Pushp

Details

Hi Pushp,

Thanks for your reply. We are on Windows platform and ours is a Business Process Analysis application where we are not certain of all the queries that would be fired from the application as we have an Analytic server which would fire the queries at runtime.

I am confused since I don't know all the queries how will I implement the same, can you please share your implementation experience with me.

Can I call you i am based in bangalore and you can email me at nitingm@rediffmail.com

Thanks in Advance
    HTH

Nitin

Cube Views - Static MQT's or Runtime MQT's

Hi Pushp,

Just a small question, when I was doing some R&D on cube views, I managed to generate a script which had the optimized MQT's as per the realtions in my fact and dimensions.

If I have a runtime application where I don't know what queries will be executed in terms that the user can choose any dimension and any facts will the olap center generate the MQT's at runtime.

Hoping for a quick response this is crucial to us.

Thanks in Advance.
    HTH

Nitin