Unanswered: OLE file attachment in MS Access

In the db that I am building, the users need to be able to "attach" ole objects (generally only word documents) to a given record.

I have done this many times in web-based applications where I store the file itself in the filesystem and only store a pointer to it in the database.

My problem is that I have not been able to find any kind of api that will allow my user to click a button and browse his/her own hard drive to find a file to "upload".

I think that once I get that I should be able to use the filesystemobject to copy it to the correct folder etc.

Basically I would like to reproduce the HTML file control in an Access form.

Thanks for your help.

i'm looking to do the exact same thing. user clicks a button, browse hard drive dialog box comes up, file selected is embedded into OLE object field. seems like a rather simple thing to do....

Chicago, IL
    In older versions of Access (not sure the cutoff) you have to use the Common Dialogs ActiveX control. But now I just did a little research and it looks like you can use the FileDialog property of the Application object to get a reference to the FileDialog object. It seems you need to add a reference to your Office library (10.0 for me).

thanks. i'm still learning, so i'll have to figure out how to do exactly what you said. thanks for the help.