Unanswered: Property Value to large

I am trying to save a table that I changed text boxes into combo boxes. I keep getting this error msg and it will not save the combo boxes. What does this message mean?

Quote Originally Posted by tkacoo
    I am trying to save a table that I changed text boxes into combo boxes. I keep getting this error msg and it will not save the combo boxes. What does this message mean?
    And the message is????
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

The msg was Property value to large.

Quote Originally Posted by tkacoo
    The msg was Property value to large.
    How much text was there? What kind of column are you trying to save to? What size is it?
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

I am in a table that has 154 fields. They are all combo boxes. The field size says 50 on each box. Would it help if I reduced that. I probably only need 20 not 50.

FYI – I figured it out myself. For anyone else that has this problem… it is in the design view of the table. On the general tab… change the field size to make it smaller. In my case it read 50 and most of the time it needed to be about 15. Also, you can only change about 10 at a time, otherwise it will give you another error msg and not save your changes. Then I compacted the database after a few times. Now it is just fine!!!