Provided Answers: 1

Unanswered: Access 2k2-2k3 compatability issue with core functions

Hey guys, I'm having some problems with a few functions in a compiled ade. I'm running ado 2.7, MSSQL2k and access 2k3 & 2k2.

The issue I'm having is core functions, such as date() and dlookup() cause fatal errors in ONLY clients using access 2k2. Obviously these functions have been around for quite some time, so there shouldn't be a problem with using non-existant functions.

Microsoft has nothing.

Anybody run into this before? Am I missing a library reference on those clients that could fix the issue?

Stumped.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

I had the same problem in access 97 whenever an ocx (comdlg32 I think) was replaced by a new program that was installed. The date function would not work. I would replace the ocx and all would work well again. In 2002, it could be a simple reference problem. Check for a MISSING entry in the Tools -> reference section of the vba editor

Provided Answers: 1
    Ok, thanks for the tip. I was suspicious that it was a reference issue. My first stab is going to try a more primitive build of ADO. It's not exactly feasable for me to go and fix all the machines running 2k2 unfortunately, but at least I have more evidence that supports the hunch.

Thanks.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***